Devco Engineering, Inc. has a position open for an entry-level civil engineer in our Corvallis, Oregon office. Candidates should have a BS or MS in Civil Engineering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform civil design calculations (i.e. grading, drainage, paving, geometric design, utility design, etc.), prepare sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment.
- Perform work tasks on a variety of Civil Engineering projects with emphasis on site development, including design of site grading, utilities, storm drainage facilities, roadways, trails, and other related items.
- Coordinate project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group. Review drawings supplied by vendors, clients, engineers, and architects; recommend necessary changes. Research code issues and work with City, State, and County officials.
- Research design options and documents for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Under direct supervision, perform or assist in performing studies, calculations, designs, and the preparation of reports, plans and specifications.
- May attend “kick-off” and design review meetings, and interact with clients as his/her level of experience progresses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-4 years experience in civil design with land development projects.
- Proficiency in computer design software programs such as AutoCAD.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) exam
- Residential or industrial Land Development project experience is preferred, but could also have public works, industrial, or institutional/educational experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
Devco is an employee owned company offering competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Our Corvallis office offers structural and civil engineering as well as land surveying. We have (3) offices located in Corvallis, Oregon, Enterprise, Oregon, and Bozeman, Montana. Our Enterprise and Bozeman offices offer structural engineering services and specialize in cold-formed steel framing.